● 看法決定一切。 (Perspective is everything.)
1. Master Degree:
a. Contribution to one senior project (usually at the freshman year).
b. One A-class conference paper or
c. A practical application endorsed by an industrial organization or
d. start up a high-tech company
2. Ph. D. Degree:
a. Independently propose and lead a group research project.
b. Two A-class journal papers or
c. Four A-class conference papers, or
d. A practical application that has great impact to the industry along with one A-class journal paper or
e. Start up a proven profitable high-tech company along with one A-class journal paper.
Recommended Optimization Skills:
- Linear programming
- Integer linear prog.
- Quadratic prog.
- Nonlinear prog.
- Dynamic programming
- graph algorithm
- Greedy algorithm
- Branch & bound
- Simulated annealing
- Genetic algorithm
- Ant colony
Logos Lab Student Study Requirements
Please post the following reports on your personal web site.
1. Weekly Status Report (at one-on-one meeting)
- Status: (list what you have achieved)
- Issues: (list of new issues encountered)
- Plan for next week: (your action plan for next week)
- Open issues: (list of unsolved issues)
2. Study Plan (at the end of each semester)
- two-year study plan
- one-year study plan
- half-year study plan
3. Monthly Paper Survey Report:
What is the main idea of this paper? Review and re-write the abstract.
Area of interest:
Why do you read this paper? What is your motivation?
Explain each addressed problem in one sentence.
Explain the proposed solutions to problems addressed.
1. Rank this paper.
2. What is the contribution of this paper?
3. Is the core issue being uncovered? What is the real issue?
4. What can you learn from this paper?
5. What are the bad points you should avoid?